Phentermine is known to cause side effects in certain people and in certain circumstances, but these side effects are more often temporary and short lived. In cases where people have faced severe complications, it turns out that they have most often not followed the prescription advice properly. Here are a few guidelines to use Phentermine safely and lose weight effectively.
1. In order for the drug to work properly, you need to have a proper diet plan and regular exercise. You should not miss your regular dosage or take the drug late at night during your treatment period. In case you miss a dose, never make the mistake of taking a double dose to compensate. In fact, you should never do this with any drug for that matter.
2. Ensure that you purchase Phentermine from otc phentermine weight loss alternatives an authorized source. Never buy any medicine from ambiguous sources. If in doubt, consult with your physician to ensure that the drug is genuine.
3. Do not use the drug if you have been suffering from a prolonged illness. Especially if you are on extensive medication for your illness, you need to avoid Phentermine. If you still go ahead and use the drug and have complications, contact your physician immediately.
4. Some obese people using the drug undergo side effects like high blood pressure, nervousness, loose motion, constipation, and irritability. If you suffer from any of these side effects, consult with your family physician. A doctor who knows your medical history would be able to prescribe medication that is appropriate for your condition.
5. If you suffer from diabetes, glaucoma, hypertension, or any active thyroid problem, you need to avoid this weight loss medication.
6. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you need stay away from this drug.
7. If you are already taking other kinds of medication for losing weight, you need to consult your doctor before taking Phentermine.
8. Avoid caffeine products and decongestants while taking the drug as they can increase the rate of your heartbeat and put you in danger. Similarly, avoid smoking or taking alcohol when using the drug.
9. Avoid antidepressants like Imipramine Tofranil, Amoxapine Asendin, Amitriptyline Elavil, Desipramine Norpramin or Nortriptyline Pamelor as they can reduce the effectiveness of Phentermine.
10. If you need to undergo surgery or any other major treatment, inform your physician that you are currently taking Phentermine for losing weight.